Thursday, July 3, 2008

I passed

I passed the Reading List Exam. Every day this week, we (the five of us who took the exam) have been meekly peering into our collective mailbox for those dreaded letters. Well, after our early class today, they appeared and we grabbed them like fat kids on candy bars. There was a lot of hugging. Thank goodness all of us passed.

One part of all this I didn't expect was a section of the letter providing some personal feedback. Mine was mostly positive and included a cryptic "Your essays are pretty good" and the whole sentence was underlined. I'm not sure why that freaks me out, but it does... does it mean "Your essays are acceptable/sufficient/not horrible"??

...and then I tell myself that a four letter word is my new favorite word because its the only word that matters... P-A-S-S. This, to be truthful, supplants many other four letter words which, if not my favorite, were frequent and effusive while I was studying for the darn thing.

No comments: