Sunday, June 8, 2008

SAT

Yesterday, I ran the SAT for NGHS for the first time. We tested just under 300 kids and it is quite an experience. From 7:45 to 8:00, during which the 300 kids come in and find their rooms for testing, it is madness. Most of the stuff is easy to deal with, but the kids are so terrified that they freak out over little things like not having their registration number or something. Without fail, there also are students who realize they're supposed to be at another high school and it is nice to be able to tell them they won't have to drive 100mph to get there in the next ten minutes and we'll fit them into a room here.

After 8am, it is absolutely silent for the next 4 hours, which is nice because I'm pretty sure I needed every second of those 240 minutes to figure out how to do all the paperwork. I spent 2 hours trying to figure out why, on one sheet, I had counted 275 tests and, on another sheet, I counted 276. That was fun.

In the end, no students perished and no one attacked me. If that's not a measure of success, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go Yaggy!