Monday, October 13, 2008

I know... I know

I've been a bad blogger. Let the self-flagellation begin.

Seriously, I've not written for your benefit. Things have been pretty awful lately. Just a taste of what I am not going to write about:

1. UGA lost to Alabama and I saw every miserable minute
2. I accidentally hit Carissa's car backing out of my garage. It didn't do much damage, if any at all, to her car, but the voice in my head shouting "Jacka**!" didn't go away for quite some time.
3. Pages of my thesis written before school started: 15. Pages written in the nine weeks since: one. It took three attempts to actually get something productive going... I sat down and realized I remembered nothing.
4. Larry Munson retired. I almost cried. If you went to UGA, you understand. I've heard some of his calls hundreds...maybe even thousands of times, yet I still get goosebumps. Thank you, Larry.
5. I have not exercised in any meaningful way in six weeks. I realized yesterday that if I had to take a survey or go to the doctor right now, I would be compelled by honesty to select "0 days of the week". As in, "I exercise _______".
6. School is killing me. I have some serious reservations about how we are serving our children and it makes it hard to sit through a meeting.
7. My students' parents are killing me... well, some of them. I have to remember that they are at their wits' end too. Some of them are watching their sons and daughters fail in this new and much more difficult environment and are sick of asking me the same questions and getting the same answers. In many cases, their kids are too often playing the victim.

Okay... this is long enough. I'll leave on a happier thought...

If you are reading this off of Firefox 3, good for you. Now, download off of Firefox the widget StumbleUpon, tell it your likes and dislikes, and be prepared to waste a ridiculous amount of time.

That will segue into my next post... to be continued!

I know the anticipation is killing you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would comment but I'm dead. My ghost will appear in your dreams swearing that 'the anticipation' did it. That jerk had better get a real good lawyer.

Good to see the blog is back, even if it is mostly less than positive in its tone.